Friday, April 13, 2012

Dinosaur Day

   The same day we went to the book signing for Brandon Mull we also made it up to Thanksgiving Point to the Museum of Ancient Life.  It has been on our list of date ideas for a while and we finally went!  We couldn't help but imitate dinosaurs from the minute we stepped into the parking lot... 

Resemblance? I think it might be the arms.

My turn to try... 

Jared has this down

I tried to look like the little guys, fail

   Jared and I got really lucky because just a few rooms into the museum we came across a young volunteer.  We asked him a couple of questions and he proceded to give us a personal guided tour through the rest of the museum!  This kid was a high school student and knew every name and detail of all of the dinosaurs in the place. 


Shark face

If I could be any animal I might choose a turtle, especially if I could be the size of the ginormous one behind me





Jared's favorite pose of the day

Just a tiny nibble


And the traditional selfy



   What a fun day with lots of dinosaur bones!  We spent some of the time looking for hidden gnomes the museum people have hidden in every room.  Our guide showed us one and that was all we found.  Very well hidden.  We learned interesting facts about a lot of dinosaurs and just had fun talking to our young tour guide.  He told us we were good practice for when he brings his scout troop through. We were happy to volunteer to be his trial run because he was awesome! 

2 comments:

  1. I love these photos! You two are such hams! I love your fun spirit! I think Jared has watch too many Jurassic Park movies! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaand the last picture is my favorite. Well done you two, well done.

    ReplyDelete